Saturday 1 September 2012

Cupcakes, anyone?

Yummy update.

Here's one of the reasons I love visiting my aunt so much (apart from the generally awesome time I have chatting and lazing around). Baking! Like, serious baking. Her fridge is always stocked with yummy cupcakes and icing. And sometimes there are home-made chocolates too.
About an year ago, she decided to start baking professionally, and now she runs a bakery, XOXO Desserts,  from home. Since she bakes on order, sometimes I get lucky when I'm there and can help her out. The last time I visited, we baked some [a few ;) ] cheesecakes, biscotti, and cupcakes. The best part was that all of it wasn't for her customers. ;) yum-yum!

So this time around, we did a birthday cake for a one year old. It was soo much fun deciding on shapes & colours, and playing around with the fondant. Here are a few pics of the cake:


LOVE the butterflies!
how cute is this lil fella?!
After we were done with that, she suggested that we do a smaller one 'for me to practice on'. So we did. And I would have totally messed up when putting the fondant cover over the cake if it hadn't been for her. Whew! Definitely not a piece of cake, that part! ;) The results?

Pretty awesome! ;)
Wish all bugs looked so cute!
sparkle makes me happy! :)
Oh, and we also baked some cupcakes. Chocolate ones. With chocolate ganache icing. [So were both the cakes.] Heaven, anyone?
I took the cupcakes to an iftar party at a friend's house. Since all of us were really impatient to attack them, there was no time to really pretty 'em up. It was an emergency of sorts. Hehe!
managed to get one pic!
And then I came back home and prettied up the remaining ones for my brothers and myself.
Sisterly love. The best of it's kind. ;)
For the record, Oshu and Dullu are not their real names. That's simply what mum calls them when she's feeling extra loving-mommy-ish. And what I call them when I want to embarrass 'em feel extra loving. And I get away with it 'coz they know that I truly love them. And that I'm their only sister. So they love me back. Most of the time. ;)


18 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I found you on the Weekend Blog Walk and I am now a follower. Come by and say hello. http://www.thesexysinglemommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Going over to your blog and site right now. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't get over the details on the cake--artwork, I should say! Fantastic and almost too pretty to eat!! newest GFC follower from the weekend Blog hop. Would love it if you could visit and follow back via GFC! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! :)
      Will definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. That cake looks amazing! Probably tastes amazing too! Cute blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brandy, I'm so sorry for not replying earlier! I got the mail for your comment, but couldn't find it here. Yes, it was in the spam folder. 'Duh', right? Not so with me. I just casually checked it out today, and got all excited about finally finding it lol.

      Thanks for the sweet comment :) and yes, it did taste absolutely amazing. 3 layers of chocolate. Need I say more? x

      Delete
  4. Everything looks SO DELICIOUS!!! I'm glad I found your blog! ♥

    Luisa
    labellemadeleine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These look amazing! Newest follower on the Weekend Blog Walk. Would love a follow back!

    Julia
    www.momontherunx2.com
    @momontherunx2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia :) Shall definitely visit you and follow back :)

      Delete
    2. There seems to be some problem with your link, or maybe it's something else. I tried a few links from your g-plus page but I keep getting directed to a search engine (I think that's what it is :/ ). Please let me know how to get to your page, 'coz I'm lost!

      Delete
  6. Lovely snaps accompanying a good post of thought indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMmmmm...makes me want to go off my "diet". :)

    Thanks for following! Looking forward to following your creative {and random, just like mine} endeavors. :)

    ~Dori
    http://belljarvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shazia, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris. Such a sweet comment, you just made my day! :)
      I am heading over to your blog right now. xx

      Delete
  9. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to share? Go ahead, I would love to read it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...